Monday, July 27, 2009

Help My Unbelief!

"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:41

"I look to find You down on my knees
Oh, God, I believe!
Please help me believe!" Switchfoot, Sooner or Later (Soren's song)

Feels risky for me to write a blog this late at night when my mind isn't working well, but I felt the need to write something.

I can confidently say that I believe in Jesus Christ, (as in I have a complete trust and dependence in him as my Lord and Savior) but doubt still pervades me. It happens to all of us in this fallen world where sin separates us from perfect communion with the Lord. Thankfully, the Lord doesn't give up on me, even if I'm almost tempted to give Him up. I pray that the Lord continues to reassure me of His Truth as a walk with Jesus, and I pray that He works in all of my siblings in Christ to give them a greater confidence of Christ's love for them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment