Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Glory of God's House.

"This is what the Lord Almighty says, 'In a little while, I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. I will shake the nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the Lord Almighty. 'The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the Lord Almighty. 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house.' says the Lord Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the Lord Almighty."
Haggai 2:6-9

In case you're wondering what's going on, the first temple has been destroyed by the Babylonians. They are currently being told to build a new one for the Lord. This new one isn't quite as big and majestic as the old one, but God declares that "the glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house." Now, when God says that he will fill it with glory, that can only apply to His presence. Then Malachi, who lived later, made this prophesy concerning the temple...

"I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come," says the Lord Almighty.
Malachi 3:1

Now, the second temple was destroyed in A.D. 70 by the Romans, so it couldn't have happened after that. Hmm. Who, I wonder, could it have been then? I'm guessing his name starts with a "Jes" and ends with an "us"!


2 comments: