Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pantheism

Pantheism is the belief that all is God and God is all. This includes us humans. Hinduism and Buddhism are the most well-known religions part of this worldview, but there's something that scares me about it. I know that these religions have the karma system, but I'm not sure how it works out logically (probably due to my lack of understanding). My problem is this: if everything is God, then that means that life, death, good, and evil, all come from the same source. Where is the line that separates good and evil? It disappears. Christianity actually gives me a point of reference by which to justify my question of good and evil. There's a boundary between the two and I can know both pragmatically and logically the difference between Mother Teresa and Hitler.

No comments:

Post a Comment