Saturday, August 8, 2009

Reflection

First I would like to congratulate the newlyweds, Andy and Lindsey. May God's gift to both of you be a constant source of joy, love, and redemption. May God be glorified through your covenant. As God says in His Word: the two shall become one. What God has brought together, let no one separate.


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail." Lamentations 3:22

The life of following Christ can be a way of immense joy and freedom, but it can also be a great struggle. Indeed, it can be one of the biggest struggles. My depraved heart desires things that are contrary to the desires of the Holy Spirit graciously given to me by God. The conflict in my soul rages on. It's like Paul says in his letter to the Roman's, "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?..." But God hasn't left us in our evil, "Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:24-25. Even though Satan fights hard to claim us again, I wholeheartedly believe Jesus when he says, "All whom the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away." John 6:37, and a little later, "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day." John 6:39. God's grace is greater than any amount of sin. Once we are chosen, God never stops working with us to bring us out of our slavery to sin. "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment