Thursday, August 13, 2009

Your Kingdom Come

When talking to some young Christians today, I see such individuality. I don't get the sense that they are aware that they're not just individuals, but they are part of a larger community. I don't get the sense that they know they're part of something bigger than just them. When they say "God's plan" they mean just for them, just within their lifetimes. When I say that it would be great if Jesus came back to earth now and restored it, I often hear them respond with an almost immediate "no." Usually it's because they want to get married first. When I hear that response my heart gets confrontational and I want to ask why they want Jesus to postpone his justice on evildoers and comfort to the suffering for a fleeting pleasure of theirs. As soon as that happens I reveal something in my own heart that still needs improvement. It's possible that I'm completely wrong about a lot of these Christians and I'm the one with the bigger problem than them. Perhaps I'm just ranting. I just think that it is important for Christians to pray for Jesus to return. It's good for us to be excited for Christs coming more than anything else in this life. It isn't fun that will be banned from Heaven, it will be sin. Enjoying an eternity with the Lord in a world without death, pain, loneliness, jealousy, and suffering. Come, Lord Jesus! Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment